Wow!!! My last entry was in November of 2008, I am ashamed to say. I never intended to leave my blog unattended for so long. But...I am back!
I usually avoid making New Year’s resolutions, but this year I decided to change that. This year I have made resolutions. There is a chance I may add more, but these are the basics. For the year 2011, I hereby resolve:
1) To write and get published.
2) To blog regularly.
3) To sculpt and get my work into a variety of markets.
4) To read more intently.
5) To learn prolifically.
6) To increase my mastery of Spanish.
7) To brush up on my French.
8) To learn how to read Sanskrit and Arabic.
9) To become more skilled in ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Latin.
10) To start drawing cartoons again.
11) To meditate.
12) To believe again, and ever more wisely.
13) To return to an intensive exercise program.
14) To try to figure out the meaning of life...again.
15) To enjoy being human, and to embrace all that entails, both good and bad, pleasant and painful.
16) To be more loving, and hopefully more lovable.
17) To continue sharing my warped sense of humor by unleashing the corniest off-the-cuff jokes and puns. (This is a given, every year!)
18) To rekindle my love of growing plants.
19) To consider attending church again, albeit sporadically and with great apprehension.
20) To watch more movies.
21) To look for stories everywhere.
22) To nurture my passion for and fascination with...everything!
23) And last (and possibly most important) to be happy!
I was going to elaborate on each of these a little bit, but it was turning into a pretty lengthy piece of work. So…I will leave it at this for now, and I will explain more about these in subsequent blog entries.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish each of you the happiest and most prosperous year ever.